[Edling] FREE CERCLL AI integration Webinar by Ilka Kostka- Mar 13 & LaTeS Workshops for K-12 Educators in Apr

Aguirre, Marisol - (aguirrem) via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Mar 6 22:02:01 UTC 2024

Dear EDLING Team,

Good afternoon to you! Can you please take a moment to share the following message on our behalf? it includes free professional development opportunities for educators. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Marisol Aguirre, M.Ed.

Outreach Coordinator
Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL)
The University of Arizona
http://cercll.arizona.edu<http://cercll.arizona.edu/>
Phone: (520) 626-8071

Pronouns: she/her

I am typically out of the office on Tuesday and Friday.

=====

Greetings Teachers!

The Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL<http://cercll.arizona.edu/>) at the University of Arizona invites language teachers to attend our FREE upcoming Professional Development webinar, the second in our series, Rebooting Language Educ-AI-tion. Participants can receive a certificate with 1.5 hours of professional development for this 90-minute event, and digital badges are available as well. Information about the full series is here: https://cercll.arizona.edu/webinars/ai-spr24/.

Registration is now open for all webinars in this series!

     March 13, 2024 at 10 am
     Generative AI in Language Education: Rewards, Risks, and Reboots, presented by
     Ilka Kostka, Northeastern University.

     https://cercll.arizona.edu/event/kostka/

Interested in more professional development opportunities?

The Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL<http://cercll.arizona.edu/>) at the University of Arizona invites language teachers to attend the FREE upcoming Professional Development opportunity, the Language Teacher Symposium (LaTeS<https://cercll.arizona.edu/lates/spring23/>).This is a biannual in-person workshop at which K-12 language teachers can share ideas and issues that are specific to their community, leaving with methods and materials that they can implement into their own classrooms.

Information about the event and registration are now available:

Creating an LGBTQ+-Inclusive Learning Environment for All Learners in the Language Classroom and Beyond<https://cercll.arizona.edu/event/lates-spring2024/>
presented by Ben Fisher-Rodriguez (Seattle, Washington).
Saturday, April 27th, 2024, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (includes lunch).
Location: In-person at The University of Arizona, Tucson. (There are no remote access options for this event.)

There is no cost to register, but registration is required and closes on April 19th, or when the event is filled.
Limited funding for travel is available. Applications must be received by April 5. Details about eligibility and a link to the application form are below.

Details and a link to register: https://cercll.arizona.edu/lates-language-teacher-symposium/

Questions? Contact us at: cercll at email.arizona.edu<mailto:cercll at email.arizona.edu>

Please share widely!