[Edling] Purdue English Language Learner Language Portraits (Purdue ELLLPs) - new URL!

Wright, Wayne E via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Mar 13 02:10:00 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

Many of you may already be familiar with the Purdue English Language Learner Language Portraits (Purdue ELLLPs).

We recently redesigned the Purdue ELLLPs with a slick new interface and moved it the following new URL:

https://education.purdue.edu/elllps/

The old URL is no longer working, so please update your bookmarks.

For those who are not familiar, the Purdue ELLLPs provides pre-service and in-service teachers and administrators with resources and tools to practice assessing the English language proficiency of ELL students, and analyzing the results to inform effective language and content-area instruction. A “language portrait” for each of the ELLs includes a brief description of the student and language samples in the domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing, along with embedded assessment tools. Students can complete and submit completed assessment tools to themselves and/or their course instructors, and also receive completed assessment forms to compare their own answer to.

Please check it out if interested!

Best,

Wayne

--
Wayne E. Wright, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research, Graduate Programs, and Faculty Development

The College of Education acknowledges that Purdue University is located in the traditional homelands of the Woodland People. We honor and appreciate these indigenous caretakers which include the Bodéwadmik (Potawatomi), Lenape (Delaware), Myaamia (Miami), and Shawnee people.

[signature_2029111013]