Quinault Language: Death of Oliver Mason; end of a resource.

T.Matthew Ciolek tmciolek at coombs.anu.edu.au
Thu May 9 00:49:17 UTC 1996

--------------------- forwarded message --------------------
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 23:14:23 +1000
Subject: BOUNCE endangered-languages-l: Non-member submission from [Karl Teeter <kvt at husc.HARVARD.EDU>]

Dear Dave Wells:  Let me extend my condolences, having been in your
position in 1962 when Della Prince, born March 13, 1877 and the last speaker of
Wiyot, died. Everything you say is true, and all we can do is
keep at it -- I am still listening to Della's tapes and entering what she
says into a lexical database.  Up with the living! Yours, kvt (=Karl V. Teeter,
Professor of Linguistics, Emeritus, Harvard Univ )