Lost Language Day

Akira Y. Yamamoto akira at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Fri May 24 17:33:57 UTC 1996

Dear Luisa:
    My message got lost somewhere and I decided to send it to you instead.
I hope this will reach you. Best, Akira
---------------

Dear Friends:
     I have been keeping up with the discussions on "Lost Language Day" and
I am happy that the idea is developing closer and closer to reality.
Please contact the following for their comments:
    Linguistic Society of America's Endangered Languages and Their
Preservation Committee: Scott DeLancey, Chair
<delancey at darkwing.uoregon.edu>
     UNESCO's Clearing House on Endangered Languages: Tasaku Tsunoda
<tsunoda at TOOYOO.L.U-tokyo.ac.jp>
    Since many of us, including myself, are off to fieldwork and will not
be able to participate in the on-going discussion regularly, please
consider further discussion beginning the end of the summer (when many of
our academic institutions begin to resume their work).  Best, Akira
Akira Y. Yamamoto
Department of Anthropology
University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2110