List functional again (was Re: Massacre in Brazil)

Roger Atkinson atkinson at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Nov 11 13:17:59 UTC 1996

Hi to all, please do not use "Reply" on the message quoted below, because
it contains the old address in its header line:

>Dear Hein,
>Sorry for this all-purpose reply.  I am currently deluged with mail telling
>me that there is a problem with the endangered-languages-l.  I know!  I
>know!  Basically, the network system at ANU has collapsed and I am working
>on transferring the whole list to a server at Murdoch, my own university.

>Please bear with me, endangered-languages-l will be fixed as soon as possib=
le.

Done! A very small number of subscribers may notice address corrections
being made by me via majordomo command, generating a "welcome" email to the
subscriber's new address.

After unsubscribing 44 bounces, the list now contains 350 subscribers. As
you can see from the message below, the list is active again (you were too
quick, I had not finished the bounces clean out!!):

>Dear subscribers to the Endangered Languages List,
>
>Herewith I would like to support mr. Nilson Gabas' call of 5
>november for support to the un- and recently contacted Indians
>of Rond=93nia.

Roger.
Manager, cleo and carmen

Dr Roger Atkinson
Snr Lect in Educational Technology, Academic Services Unit,
Murdoch University, Murdoch WA 6150, Australia.
Voice +61 9 360 6840 fax +61 9 310 4929 Email: atkinson at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
http://cleo.murdoch.edu.au/asu/edtech/edtech.html