stats on speakers of dying languages

Xunaan at aol.com Xunaan at aol.com
Mon Oct 21 00:38:19 UTC 1996

Dear listeros,

I'm writing a thesis on the metaphor (or not!) between language death and
species extinction, and am currently focusing on rates of decline and the
possibility of predicting these rates.

I wonder if any of you might have old copies of Ethnologue or similar sources
of statistics on endangered languages, which I might acquire through
inter-library loan or by some other means.  My need is not for current stats
as these are easily come by, but for older statistics which would facilitate
a diachronic study.  Can anyone direct me to these sources?

Joanna Martin <Xunaan at aol.com>
P.O. Box 3785
Tucson, AZ  85722