ELL: Re: RE: spam and conviction

Fri Apr 2 12:25:28 UTC 1999

	      *** EOOH ***
	      From: "Alasdair MacCaluim" <alasdair at staran.globalnet.co.uk>
	      To: <endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au>
	      Subject: ELL: Re: RE: spam and conviction
	      Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:25:28 +0100
	      Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

	      >I, for one, would be interested in hearing about the Welsh
               Language
	       Society.
	       >Why do you feel this is an inappropriate forum? I'd also be
               interested in
	       >hearing about the situation in the Euskara communities in
               France and Spain,
	       >the Euchee project going on in Oklahoma, Hawaiian-speaking
               communities on
	       >the Big Island, etc. If Matthew is monopolizing the list, it's
               not his
	       >fault. Others involved in this work elsewhere in the world
               should take his
	       >initiative and get some information out on this list.

	       I agree! Surely we should use the ELL as a way to publicise
	       campaigns for
	       endangered languages too?

	       To take everyone's mind off Akha, here is the URL for a
	       petition in support
	       of Breton medium education:

	       http://www.antourtan.org/

	       Alasdair MacCaluim

	       ----
	       Endangered-Languages-L Forum:
	       endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
	       Web pages
	       http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/lists/endangered-languages-l/
	       Subscribe/unsubscribe and other commands:
	       majordomo at carmen.murdoch.edu.au