No subject

Matthew McDaniel akha at loxinfo.co.th
Tue Apr 27 23:05:41 UTC 1999

	*** EOOH ***
	Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:05:41 +0000
	From: Matthew McDaniel <akha at loxinfo.co.th>
	To: End lang <endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au>,
	        sovernspeakout <sovernspeakout at egroups.com>
		Subject: ELL: Akha Video Documentary Finished
	Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

	Dear Friends:

	Well, it has been a while, been real busy.

	The Video "The Akha Way" is now done and I have order information for
	you.
	It must be ordered from Yellowcat Studio in Washington DC.

	You can order the 26 min broadcast length video in NTSC form only at
	present, but I think PAL will be coming, by contacting:

	mary at yellowcat.com

	Cost is $19.95
	That includes shipping.  Overseas costs $5.00 extra.

	Anyone who wants to order can e-mail her a VISA or MasterCard
	number/exp. date and she will get right on it.
	Early orders, will have to accept plain covers on the video jacket,
	not
	the FANCY cover that is
	forthcoming.

	This video gives an excellent overview of images of the Akha people
	and
	the conditions that they face.

	****

	On other notes publishing of more Akha books is on hold till there are
	funds enough.
	Funny how that works.

	****

At the cultural center I am currently digging a large well for
irrigation for hutside vegetable plots in the village.

15 feet by 80 feet deep is the goal so far.  Will later be cased in
concrete and a resevoir added above ground for gravity feed.

The rains have begun again here, the roads are muddy.

Matthew

Matthew McDaniel
The Akha Heritage Foundation
386/3 Sailom Joi Rd
Maesai, Chiangrai, 57130
Thailand
Mobile Phone Number:  Sometimes hard to reach while in Mountains.
66-01-881-9288

US Address:

Donations by check or money order may be sent to:

The Akha Heritage Foundation
1586 Ewald Ave SE
Salem OR 97302
USA

Donations by direct banking can be transfered to:

Wells Fargo Bank
Akha Heritage Foundation
Acc. # 0081-889693
Keizer Branch # 1842  04