No subject

Fri May 21 06:04:46 UTC 1999

owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au using -f
From: Luisa Maffi <maffi at nwu.edu>
To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
Subject: ELL: de Colombia
To: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

A Colombian sociolinguist working with the P.ez people sent me the message
below. He asks whether anyone has had experience with the kind of language
revitalization experiment they are doing there (developed by a group of
bilingual teachers), via the use of table games. At present, only 30% of
P.ez in the community speak the language (nasa yuwe). If anybody has any
relevant information or would like to correspond on this, they can write
Pedro Cort.s or William Garc.a at <wgarcia at atenea.ucacua.edu.co>. Pedro
speaks English too.

Thanks,

Luisa Maffi

>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:59:54 -0500
>From: Pedro Cort.s Lombana <pcortes at multi.net.co>
>To: Terralingua <maffi at nwu.edu>
>Subject: de Colombia
[...]
>En una comunidad ind.gena P.ez del sur de Colombia, departamento del
>Cauca, se est. desarrollando un proyecto de investigaci.n participativa
>sobre la utilizaci.n de juegos de mesa (naipe, parqu.s, bingo) para la
>recuperaci.n de la lengua nativa, la cual ha venido progresivamente
>siendo sustituida por el Espa.ol hasta el punto de que hoy d.a menos del
>30 % de la comunidad habla dicha lengua (nasa yuwe). El proyecto lo
>desarrollan un grupo de maestros ind.genas bilingues con la asesor.a del
>Grupo de Estudios en Educaci.n Ind.gena y Multicultural de la
>Universidad del Cauca.
>
>Estamos interesados en intercambiar informaci.n y experiencias con
>proyectos similares. Pueden escribir a Pedro Cort.s o William Garc.a a
>la siguiente direcci.n:  wgarcia at atenea.ucacua.edu.co

************************
Luisa Maffi (Dr.)
Northwestern University
Program in Cognitive Studies of the Environment
Dept. of Psychology
102 Swift Hall
2029 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-2710, USA