ELL: New SIL Alias

Marion Gunn mgunn at ucd.ie
Thu Sep 23 11:56:05 UTC 1999

  *** EOOH ***
  Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:56:05 +0100 (BST)
  Date-warning: Date header was inserted by Salicet.ucd.ie
  From: Marion Gunn <mgunn at ucd.ie>
  Subject: Re: ELL: New SIL Alias
  To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
  Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

  Ar 3:03 pm +0200 1999-09-21, scr.obh Trond Trosterud:
  >I am an atheist, and consider all religious belief as varieties of
  >believing in Winnie-the-Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, and the like.
  >But I also know that religious people cannot be rescued from their
  >respective paradises.

  Dear Trond! People (religious and non-), are rescued from their respective
  paradises every day, and it is often good, clean fun just trying to do
  so.:-)

  >Trond Trosterud

  I'm happy to believe that most ELL subscribers silent so far on this topic
  would agree that it is important to ensure trading in
  religions/politics/linguistics (or any combination of the three) at least
  be an honest trade henceforward, and if the move to that begins with
  linguistics, that will be good for linguistics.
  mg

  --
  Marion Gunn <mgunn at ucd.ie>

  ----