ELL: Multilingual dictionary

Wolfgang Trips wolftrips at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Aug 7 19:16:59 UTC 2000

To whom it might interest:
Translators wanted!

PrimeAd! Services, a German translation agency, wants to realize a
unique universal dictionary and is looking for translators or
skilled native speakers.
The planned project is a dictionary containing 8,000 words which
are translated in 224 languages. Basic language is English.
The main interest of this project is not commercial but linguistic
and therefore scientific, but we can offer a fee of 450 US$ for
each language.
The translator's task would be the translation of:
- 1 page "Introduction and User's Manual"
- 1 list of all the 224 languages concerned
- 1 list of 8,000 words
from English to the target language, in latin letters.
As the basic language is English, the translating person should
speak English very well, and, for the technical equipment, a
personal computer and Email (or at least a Fax) are absolutely
necessary.
Although quality is the most important thing we do not need skilled
translators - perhaps teachers, students, doctors or other people
with an equivalent education could do the job required.

So far we've found more than 150 translators all over the world - the
remaining languages are especially rare, endangered or little spoken.
Among them are native languages from South and North America, the
Philippines, Africa, a few from Asia and Australia. Complete list is
available upon request.

If you can help us, please let me know.

Please address to: rioverlag at web.de

Dr. Wolfgang  Trips, Germany