ELL: Re: Akha Weekly Journal: You Bet The Akha Are Scared! Genocide

Matthew McDaniel akha at LOXINFO.CO.TH
Wed Aug 30 10:36:02 UTC 2000

Karen:

We have made many documentaries here and the cameramen and women and
directors just totally scammed the entire productions, turned them into
meaningless sound bites.

When the world finds out that the Akha just tested their first "dirty bomb"
they will pay attention, not before I would guess.

We have had video on national tv in Singapore, Europe, Isreal and presented
in multiple places in the US and so forth.

The problem is also multiplied by this: The producers promise that a means
for the audience to address the problems presented and help, will be
provided.  They have in every single case broken this agreement, and left the
door closed to the audience to make any contact to the project or see any
suggested way of helping.  So the audience is only having its heart jerked
around, held in suspension, which is what the TV folks love.  The helpless
manipulated masses.

This is why people get frustrated by this parading of the poor.

We have had contacts with the UN, they claim they can do nothing.

We believe them.

The intrinsic problem on the earth, is that there is no justice, only "just
us".

Until that problem is solved, the problems of the Akha will go mostly un
noted.

Since there is so little justice, we work at efforts to replace what is taken
away with protein and nutrition work and of course books, after we solve
that.

For this effort we have a large fish raising project slowly under way, to
greatly subsidize protein in the villages.

Matthew

--

http://www.akha.com

Donations by check or money order may be sent to:

The Akha Heritage Foundation
PO BOX 6073
Salem OR 97304  USA

By Visa Card Secure Site: