ELL: l'arbre croche and odaw

Eric Brunner brunner at WORLD.STD.COM
Fri Jun 16 00:18:00 UTC 2000

Oki ELLers,

This thread is (second to the endless-plight-of-the-white-guy) rediculous.

	a) we don't (ever) use the tag "AmerIndian", meme quand nous papot
	   en francais.
	b) whatever "surfaces" at "trading posts" has little or no bearing
	   on language programs, and language programs exist within the
	   communities, tribal college bookstores are an altrenative, though
	   not as picturesque,
	c) States are not generally "in the loop" on community vitals, and
	   for good reason,
	d) X-hearing is available for the benefit of X-learners, as teaching
	   time is valuable, for every language program or community I know
	   (not Seminole, I stick to Algonquin languages, principally Siksika
	   and Abenaki), though for sufficient performance fees the experience
	   can be available to non-X-learners. Our professors are just as
	   poorly paid as yours.

I unsubbed from the Unicode list because the density of uneducable experts
was above my threashold, though I miss the pithy Sarasvati, Ric and a few
others.  With the exception of the endless-plight-of-the-white-guy mailings,
and this "can't-talk-to-injuns-so-lets-talk-important-about-'em-hey" thread,
ELL has been less grating to read.

Lets keep our sticks on the ice and when writing about things we know fuck
not about, so stating, and not (re-)inventing a pathetic diminishing Indian
to explain our personal alienation afliction(s).

It's infra dig, neh?

Kitakitamatsinopowaw,
Eric
----