ELL: Help: translation of two words in different languages

Wilfried Pieters wilfried.pieters at EURONET.BE
Sun May 7 19:40:39 UTC 2000

Dear list members,
On behalf of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Ghent, Flanders, Belgium I
would like to ask your help for this problem: for an "art project" we are
looking for the translations of two words into 87 different languages. What
the artist will do with these translated words, we don't know at this
moment. But first we need to have the words, and we'd like to have them
especially in lots of endangered languages too.
The two words are:
- COUSINAGE (= "the state of being cousins")
- MIRRORING (= "the reflection of a mirror")
Important is that the translations are words, not word groups which
describe the content.
The deadline for receiving the translations is May 13th. Please send the
translations in the original orthograpy (ideal would be a Word-document, or
as attachment in html-format, or as a gif in case of special alphabets not
available currently)
All the persons who send us their suggestions will be informed about the
"art project" later on, so that they know what happened with their words!
Thank you very much for your help!

Wilfried Pieters

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au