ELL: Foclóir nua EGT (EGT's new dictionary)

Doug Marmion dem at COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU
Sun Nov 19 07:14:51 UTC 2000

Hi Marion,

A late response to your posting re the dictionary of Cornish as I am
currently in Papua New Guinea and only have access to email when in the
local town (Vanimo, in Sandaun Province).

I am very interested in buying a copy of the new Cornish dictionary, can I
do it using a credit card? Could you please advise me what the cost would
be, including mail (by cheapest method, surface I suppose?) to Australia?
If it can't be done via credit card, what method can I use to buy it? I
thought I'd ask this question on the list (as well as sending it direct to
you) as I'm sure there are others who would like to purchase it by credit
card.

I have worked on several dictionaries, none of which have yet gotten past
various levels  of draft, so I have some inkling of how much work it takes.
So, congratulations on getting this dictionary out, I hope it sells well.

Cheers,
Doug Marmion

>Chuig liostaà »agsôla {skip to ===== for English translation)
>
>As lÃne le tamall (maithigà dom n
r fh»adas a leath de na tchtaà a th
inig
>isteach a l»amh!) ach ar ais in äirinn anois, i ndiaidh aistear go Corn na
>Breataine,
it a rabhas chun an ¤c
id is m¤ i saol gn¤ EGT 2000 go dtà seo
>a cheiliôradh, mar at
 seoladh an fhocl¤ir Cornaise is m¤ agus is cuimsithÃ
r foilsÃodh riamh, mar at
, _Gerlyver Sawsnek-Kernowek_ (Focl¤ir
>B»arla-Cornais) Nicholas Williams a thiomsaigh (eagarth¤ir: Michael
>Everson, eagarth¤ir comhairleach Marion Gunn).
>
>Comhfhoilsithe ag Everson Gunn Teoranta agus Agan Tavas. Ar dÃol anois ag
>Agan Tavas, Gordon Villa, Sunnyvale Road, Portreath, Redruth TRE16 4NE,
>Kernow, UK.
>
>485 lch., 24,000 ceannfhocal, côlra gramadaÃ, t
blaà »agsôla (leabhair an
>BhÃobla, sc
la gaoithe an Aimir»il Beaufort, aoiseanna an domhain, srl.),
>maraon le cora cainte. Sladmhargadh ar £28 punt in airgead na Breataine,
>m¤ide postas (£3 ar a ordô as äirinn). Faoi chomaoin ag Ollscoil na
>häireann, Col
iste Ollscoile Bhaile °tha Cliath agus Institiôid Ard-L»inn
>Bh.°.C., as maoiniô a chur ar f
il, agus faoi chomaoin ar leith ag
>l»itheoirà dilse a raibh oiread   muinÃne acu as an togra seo gur
>cheannaÃodar c¤ipeanna roimh r».
>
>Hap da dheugh, agan redyoryon! °dh m¤r oraibhse,
r l»itheoirÃ!
>mg
>
>=====
>
>Offline for some time (apologies on being unable to reach on reading even
>half the quantity of incoming msgs!) but back in Ireland now, after a trip
>to Cornwall, to celebrate the biggest event in the business life of EGT in
>the year 2000 so far, which being the launch of the biggest, most
>comprehensive English-Cornish dictionary ever published, viz., _Gerlyver
>Sawsnek-Kernowek_, compiler: Nicholas Williams (editor: Michael Everson,
>advisory editor: Marion Gunn).
>
>Co-published by Everson Gunn Teoranta and Agan Tavas. Available now, from
>Agan Tavas, Gordon Villa, Sunnyvale Road, Portreath, Redruth TRE16 4NE,
>Kernow, UK.
>
>485 pages., 24,000 headwords, grammar notes, various tables (Books of the
>Bible, BhÃobla, Admiral Beaufort's windscale, geological ages of the world,
>etc.), as well as idioms. A bargain at £28 Sterling, plus postage (£3 if
>ordering from Ireland). With thanks to Ollscoil na häireann, Col
iste
>Ollscoile Bhaile °tha Cliath and Institiôid Ard-L»inn Bh.°.C., for funding
>provided, and special thanks to loyal readers with faith enough in this
>project to have already purchased their copies in
>advance of publication.
>
>Hap da dheugh, agan redyoryon! With best wishes to you, our readers!
>mg
>
>--
>Marion Gunn <mgunn at ucd.ie>
>

>----
>Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
>Web pages http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/lists/endangered-languages-l/

Doug Marmion
Linguistics Department
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies
Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Australia

mailto:dem at coombs.anu.edu.au