ELL: Kusunda Language: Is Not An Extinct Langauge

B. K. Rana bk_rana at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 16 08:50:47 UTC 2001

>To: Tradux at cherry.com.au, LING-AMERINDIA at unicamp.br
>Cc: paul_whitehouse at tallk21.com, s-t-i_toba at sall.com,
>        ethnologue_editor at sil.org, g.mccall at unsw.edu.au,
>        nostler at chibcha.demon.co.uk, indknow at u.washington.edu,
>        linganth at cc.rochester.edu, saltmil at onelist.com,
>        endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

<DIV>
<P>Dear All,</P>
<P>Last week I was in some remote rural areas in Nepal. I was there
for  a research on the vanishing Himalayan tribe
<STRONG>Kusunda</STRONG> and their language. I have become able to find
some new Kusundas. They are not going to get extinct soon. </P>
<P>Two Kusunda women can speak their language - this I have been reported.
I am hoping, I will be able to see them next week. I have a small project
to rehabilitate them and reintroduce their language.  The Kusunda
language is not Dead. There are some speakers there.I am looking for an
organization or person who would support my project. I found a Kusunda male
speak the language. He is now 63.</P>
<P>Sincerely yours,</P>
<P>B. K. Rana</P>
<P><BR><BR> </P></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get Your Private, Free E-mail
from MSN Hotmail at <a

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au