ELL: Odp: Polyglottes

Claire Bowern bowern at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Apr 18 17:24:47 UTC 2001

Bardi's an Australian language. It's spoken by about 30 people in
North-Western Australia. I'm writing my PhD thesis on it and its closest
relatives. (Probably should have put up a warning about me not being a
native speaker of it!)
Claire

Speaking of not being a native speaker.. Here's Attic Greek:

poluglottoi esmen

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Piotr Koz³owski wrote:

> >   Comment dit-on "Nous sommes tous des polyglottes" dans les langues que
> > vous connaissez ?
>
> Hi, it's me again.
> Seems like I forgot to add the following to my previous post:
>
> Euskera (Basque):
> Gu denak poliglotak gara. - I repeat my warning, my knowledge of Euskera is
> limited.
>
> One more thing;
> Just being curious what the Bardi is? Where is it spoken?
>
> Best regards
> Piotr Kozlowski
>

> --
>

> ----