ELL: Odp: Odp: Polyglottes

Piotr Koz³owski koira at POCZTA.ONET.PL
Wed Apr 18 19:32:54 UTC 2001

> >   Comment dit-on "Nous sommes tous des polyglottes" dans les langues que
> > vous connaissez ?

Hello once more!

I proudly present The Phrase in Mingo:

"Ne' wai uwënöwésu' twatháha'."

Ne' - clause marker particle,
wai - really, indeed, - particle used for emphasis
uwënöwésu' - many languages
     u- - pronominal prefix;  -wën- - language; -ö- - linker
vowel;  -wésu' - be many
twatháha' - we all (inclusive) speak
     twa- - pronominal prefix; -tháha' - speak (habitually)

I'm just a beginning Mingo student, so I couldn't this phrase by myself.

The translation and analysis above was given by Jordan Lachler.
Thanks once more, Jordan!

I'm sending this message, just in case he didn't do it himself.

I can't promise but maybe I'll have another translations tomorrow.

Best regards
Piotr Kozlowski

Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au