ELL: Akha Journal: May 28, 2001

Peter Constable Peter_Constable at SIL.ORG
Tue May 29 13:47:18 UTC 2001

>The bridge closure was artificially contrived.
>
>The road to China was greatly improved, due to be fully completed this
>spring, when this artillery assault by the Thai Army on the Burmese
>lookout here at Maesai precipitated the bridge closure in a harsh
>fashion that would not be soon resolved.
>
>Who ever greased palms to see this event occur, we think CIA here...

Matthew, I am greatly concerned at the hardship that has been caused for
people on both sides of the border. This kind of innuendo, however, is both
pointless and foolish. I believe it does not help your cause or, more
importantly, that of the Akha.

Regards,
- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable at sil.org>

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au