ELL: Re: RE: Percentage of Language

Peter Constable Peter_Constable at SIL.ORG
Thu May 31 17:17:08 UTC 2001

> Building away in cyberworlds as I am, I decided to start building
something
>which in some way has to draw attention to the situation of endagered
>languages. Could anyone of you provide me with a listing of say 200
strongly
>endangered languages from different corners of the globe?

Have you tried looking in the Ethnologue for languages with, say, fewer
than 100 speakers? If I recall, Australia has a significant number of
languages for which the speaker population is reportedly on the order of
dozens or fewer.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable at sil.org>

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au