ELL: list purpose

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at NIC-NAA.NET
Thu Nov 22 23:45:42 UTC 2001

Oki all,

For the first time in what seems like rather too long, I read twice what
someone wrote, and replied. The writer to whom I refer is a European who
apparently is in contact with some other Siksika (or Piikani or Kainaa,
as I wouldn't expect a non-Blackfoot to know one from the other when she
reports "Blackfoot speakers", and as she's using a UofLeithbridge account,
those three are more likely than South Piikani).

To my amazement, this European wanted to apporove, to know why, one Siksika
wanted to email another.

I have trouble imagining my coorespondents on indian-predominated lists
requiring the odd Frisian speakers to go through vetting before using a
language workers list for its intended purpose, which isn't waxing poetic
on polemics, in English.

If there are any Wabenaki workers (Abenaki, Maliseet-Passamaquoddy, Micmac)
on the list, or Cree or Siksika, please drop me a line off-list.

Kitakitamatsinopowaw,
Eric

	J'ai perdu quelque chose...
	quelque part... dans mes reves,