ELL: list purpose

Toni Waho toni.waho at XTRA.CO.NZ
Sun Nov 25 23:33:34 UTC 2001

Go Eric!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
[mailto:owner-endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au]On Behalf Of Eric
Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
Sent: Saturday, 24 November 2001 09:38
To: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
Cc: inge.genee at uleth.ca
Subject: Re: ELL: list purpose

Ms. Genee,

I think your issue was that I am indifferent to your angst-filled
contribution
to ell, as I replied to your off-list difflection that corresponding with
some
Siksika speakers beats reading the current (burst of post-Gurnsy)
ell-traffic.
You found that insufficiently "polite". Fine. You have some indians, filter
their email for spam, and protect them from indians who think most Europeans
lack clue, even the "nice" FOB ones. They must be very glad to have such a
fine friend.

Anyway,
There are indian-only telecoms lists,
There are indian-only datacoms lists,
there are lots of indian lists,
and Treaty7 does a better job of providing email services, and the Siksika
Curriculum Committee does a better job of providing Siksika-language
service,
than ULeith does. The ULeith NAS 1000 (Siksika) curriculum is utterly lame.

You carefully "appologize to anyone who may have interpreted me in the way
Eric suggests", which isn't the same thing as fessing up to having made a
mistake, or knowing indians without controlling indians.

In the spirit of reciprocity, I've sent you the address of a Dutchman. Jaap
is quite old enough to know what to do with email that doesn't meet his own
criteria for what is interesting enough to bother with.

Kitakitamatsinopowaw,
Eric

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au