ELL: Indigenous Languages of Siberia

Andrei Yury Filtchenko andreif at RUF.RICE.EDU
Fri Nov 30 03:59:44 UTC 2001

Dear ELL members,
I have recently subscribed to the list. I am very interested in current
discussion. A year ago I did some research in the area of
Siberian Indigenous Languages and the history of policies towards them in
Russia with a bit of comparative perspective (Canada, Australia, USA),
which I compiled in a policy-research paper of sorts, that is now in the
process of publication. Here is a link to it
(<http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~andreif/Brief%20Paper-Feb%202001(electr).doc>)
or (<http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~andreif/project.html>   and   follow the
link on top to "Policy Paper").
I wonder if the participants of this discussion would find it worth
attention or even, perhaps, of use as I think it tackles some of the
issues in question.

Suggestions and opinions would be very welcome and thoroughly appreciated.

Thank you
Sincerely,
Andrei Filtchenko
Dept. Linguistics

Laboratory of Indigenous Languages of Siberia
Tomsk State Pedagogical University

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au