ELL: Fonts

Peter Constable Peter_Constable at SIL.ORG
Mon Oct 1 15:58:19 UTC 2001

On 09/23/2001 08:10:25 AM Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

>Incidently, I personally think that characters have properties other than
>their glyph, e.g., sort order. I do OS work, the UniCadettes do printers.

That's not the case. The developers of the Unicode standard try to take
into consideration all aspects of software implementation, and Unicode
specifies a number of properties for every character in addition to a
representative glyph. Unicode and UniCadettes do much more than just
printers.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable at sil.org>