ELL: Q: Computer Localization for Minority Languages

Chuck Coker chuckc at TYRELL.COM
Sat Sep 22 15:46:03 UTC 2001

From: "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner at nic-naa.net>
> key to abbreviations:
> l10n as l ocalizatio n (ten characters between "l" and "n")
>           1234567890
> i18n as i nternationalizatio n (eighteen characters between "i" and "n")
>           123456789012345678

Good point! I usually spell out the words unless I'm talking to other
software developers. However, people on this list will probably benefit from
knowing what these two abbreviations mean -- they will probably encounter
them sooner or later.

Chuck Coker <chuckc at tyrell.com>
Software Developer, Tyrell Software Corporation
23151 Verdugo Drive, Suite 204
Laguna Hills, California 92653 United States
+1 949 458 1911 ext. 3

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au