ELL: pesetas and commas

Gerd Jendraschek jendraschek at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 2 23:02:47 UTC 2002

Those of you who were familiar with pesetas or were curious to make the
conversion might have wondered if Spain was really so rich. I am sorry, but
I forgot the comma after the first digit in my statistics (this wouldn't
have happened with Euros). These are the correct numbers:

1. Madrid (Comunidad de):          2,96 mio pesetas per capita in 1998
2. Navarra (Comunidad Foral):    2,88
3. Cataluña:                                  2,69
4. País Vasco:                              2,64

Average for Spain:                       2,18

Here is the complete table:

1998(A)

Comunidades Autónomas
A: PIB, unidad: millones de pesetas