ELL: SIL's religion

Trond Trosterud trond.trosterud at HUM.UIT.NO
Tue Apr 30 07:46:19 UTC 2002

The memory on the internet is short.

Two and a half year ago we had a big discusion on SIL on this list (thread
"New SIL alias" in september 99, cf. link th archive at the bottom of all
ELL mail), if you care have a look in the archive). I feel that we had a
good discussion (although it was heated enough to more or less paralyze the
list for the next year or so (at least that was my impression), and i would
encourage you to start out by having a look at that discussion, and
(eventually) push it forward, rather than just run the same show again. The
issue is important enough to deserve better than a mere repetition.

Trond.

Trond Trosterud                                     t +47 7764 4763
Samisk institutt, Det humanistiske fakultet         m +47 950 70140
N-9037 Universitetet i Tromsø, Noreg                f +47 7764 4239
Trond.Trosterud at hum.uit.no           http://www.hum.uit.no/a/trond/

Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at cleo.murdoch.edu.au