ELL: asking for information

Roger Sogues ruggues at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 2 09:59:47 UTC 2002

Claire,
        Thanks for the help. I apreciate it so much. The thing is that if I have to call from Barcelona to Australia, I will spend lots of money and I would prefer to have a written contact first. But however, thanks for the ideas. What I would really like to ask you, if you do work with aborigeous languages on Australia, is if you belive that the situation of those languages, the Dyirbal and  the Guugu Yimithirr, is a reflex of the linguisitic situation in Australia, or if you know about the linguisitic situation, which is you opinion about it. I know that answer could mean almos writing a book, but I'm quite interested in rhe opinion of anyone who knows something about that situation. So thanks again for everything, and I'll keep you informed about the project.

Roger.