ELL: Question

Randy LaPolla ctrandy at CITYU.EDU.HK
Sun Sep 22 23:47:41 UTC 2002

Hello,
Does anyone know of Yuri Tambovtsev?  He circulated the following
message, and it seems he is unaware of all of the archiving work being
done.  It also seems he is doing a lot of archiving, and if so, he
should be brought into the larger community trying to establish
standards.

All the best,
Randy

> Subject:   [Corpora-List] an appeal to the corpora community
> Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:08:37 +0600
> From:      Yuri Tambovtsev
>       To:  corpora at hd.uib.no
>

> Dear colleagues, I'm sure it is high time to launch
> an appeal to the corpora community about creating the corpora for the endagered or smaller languages of the world in the
> electronic form. I have gathered the corpora of about 80 endagered world languages in the electronic form. They are mostly
> Finno-Ugric, Tungus-Manchurian, Turkic, Paleo-Asiatic and Siberian languages.  I wonder if you could help me to find
> AmerIndian and Australian languages in the electronic form? If you could spread this appeal, please, forward it to the proper
> people. Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at hotmail.com , yours most hopefull y Yuri Tambovtsev,
> Novosibirsk Ped. university, Novosibirsk, Russia

------
Randy J. LaPolla, PhD
Associate Professor of Linguistics
CTL, City University of Hong Kong