Small Languages?

Claire Bowern bowern at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Feb 11 23:06:17 UTC 2004

I'm wondering (re the "houseofthesmalllanguages.org" posting) in what way
information about endangered languages languages is held like military
secrets. Ethnologue, for example, isn't exactly subject to the thirty year
rule, and numerous sites exist for the languages of the Americas (links
off www.ssila.org), Australia (www.dnathan.com), there's one for minor
languages of Russia whose address I can't remember, one for Turkic, Juno
Mahi's great sub-saharan African site for info on Khoi-San languages ...
Titus, for dead and minor IE and Caucasian languages.

Claire

Claire Bowern
Department of Linguistics
Harvard University