Invitation to join Baybayin Yahoogroup list(Discussion Concentration in Austronesian Languages of the Philippines)

Gerald S. gerald at SFSU.EDU
Wed Sep 29 00:57:35 UTC 2004

Invitation to join our Ancient Baybayin Scripts Network online discussion forum:

The Ancient Baybayin Scripts Network(ABSN) is a community of open forum
academic exchange & discussion on the ancient writing scripts & writing systems
of the Philippines and the writings of Baybayin(Alibata)scripts in the many
languages of the Philippines. The Alibata forum brings topics about Ivatan
syntax, Igorot Studies, Hanunoo-Mangyan poetry, Kinaray-a semantics, ambahan,
computer fonts, ethnobotany, ethnopoetics, Surat Mangyan, Philippine
ethnolinguistic groups, epigraphy, ethnomedicine, Aklanon phonetics, Bisayan
genetic classification, Pangasinan grammar, Sambal proverbs, Agta linguistics,
Ilonggo morphology, Mindanao news, & Lumad tribes. We encourage new
opportunities to interact with others in learning new languages with different
syllabic, alphabetic, & logographic writing systems & see how it affected the
evolution of baybayin scripts. We are a discussion group of Cebuano phonology,
Sugbuanon Nation,preservation of Sugbuano,Cebuano Studies,Kapampangan Studies,
Ilokano lexicography, Maranao language, Tausug language, Magindanaon
language,Waray language,Badjao culture, Hiligaynon literature, ethnosphere,
Austronesian Studies, orthography, paleography, calligraphy,& Bicolnon
ethnomusicology. Our forum is a nonprofit,nonpartisan, and open minded
institution of higher learning that promotes advocacy for linguistic rights ,
ancestral rights, cultural rights, indigenous rights,and peace. Join us in the
research in Austronesian genetics, migrations, navigation, cultural survival,
and human rights that affect the greater understanding of the Austronesian
Diaspora and baybayin. We encourage new methods on deciphering archaelogical
baybayin artifacts, pottery, inscriptions, rock art, petroglyphs, and
pictograph characters found throughout the archipelago. Our educational
coalition welcomes peoples from all cultures, educational backgrounds,
professional careers, and opinions from all sides of the debate and promotes
understanding between different communities.

Invitation to join our Ancient Baybayin Scripts Network online discussion forum: