Peter Ladefoged CD Reply-To: pa2 at soas.ac.uk

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Sun Feb 20 22:17:30 UTC 2005

The Hans Rausing Endangered Languages Project based at the School of Oriental and African Studies has just published a new CD-ROM entitled:

The disappearing sounds of the world’s languages

The CD is an interactive presentation of a public lecture by Prof Peter Ladefoged given at SOAS in February 2004, and includes soundtrack, transcription, and graphics. The lecture is indexed by topics and languages discussed and is searchable. It can be used individually or in a teaching environment.

The CD costs £10 (postage included) and can be order from our website at:

http://www.hrelp.org/publications/papers/volume2/

Note: The CD can be purchased together with our recently published Language Documentation and Description Vol 2 for £17.50 (normally £20 is purchased separately).

Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics
Director, Endangered Languages Academic Program
Department of Linguistics, SOAS
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG
United Kingdom