Happy New Year from Native Languages of the Americas

Andre Cramblit andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Mon Feb 28 21:47:24 UTC 2005

Begin forwarded message:

From: Laura Redish <redish at native-languages.org>
Date: February 28, 2005 1:41:35 PM PST
To: tjekanefir at yahoo.com
Subject: Happy New Year from Native Languages of the Americas

Osiyo, Aaniin, Hau Kola, and Hello! We hope the new
year finds everybody well. Our apologies for the mass
mailing, but we wanted to update everyone at once,
otherwise we knew we would never find the time. We
used "bcc" so you should be able to reply to this
message without it going to everybody else on the
list.

Here at Native Languages of the Americas we have had a
busy year, adding more than 200 pages of vocabulary,
soundfiles, and other Indian language materials to our
website (http://www.native-languages.org/). We have
also streamlined our projects to make it easier for
the community to participate in our work, which is why
I am sending this message to you today. All of you
have previously contacted us with an interest in
native language preservation and/or connecting more
with your heritage, so here are three ways you can
join us in our work if you like:

1) We have improved our projects page,
http://www.native-languages.org/help.htm, to include a
list of practical things you can do to help us with
our mission of language preservation, from simply
linking to our site all the way through making audio
recordings of an elder relative. Please visit this
page and see if there's anything you'd like to pitch
in with! In particular, if we do not have a page about
your own tribe or nation yet, and you'd like to help
us change that, just drop us an email. We are now in a
position to add more pages easily.

2) We have added a page for our submission guidelines,
http://www.native-languages.org/submissions.htm. If
you enjoy writing and would like for us to publish an
essay or article written by you, please take a look.
(We still publish all Indian language materials
submitted to us the same way we always have.)

3) And if there is any way that we can help with your
community's native language revival or preservation
efforts, please let us know!

Finally, to those of you who made donations to our
organization last calendar year, remember that we are
a 501-C-3 nonprofit organization, so you may take that
donation out of your taxes this April.

Have a great new year, and may all our nations
prosper.
Orrin, Laura, Pinny and Kate

.:.

André Cramblit: andre.p.cramblit.86 at alum.dartmouth.org is the
Operations Director Northern California Indian Development Council
NCIDC (http://www.ncidc.org) is a non-profit that meets the development
needs of American Indians

To subscribe to a news letter of interest to Natives send an email to:
IndigenousNewsNetwork-subscribe at topica.com or go to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/IndigenousNewsNetwork/subscribe/?
location=listinfo