andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Wed Jun 15 00:27:15 UTC 2005
The Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of the American Indian
issued on March 11, 2005 a "Native Languages Archives Repository
Project Reference Guide. It has sections on:
1. Why Preserve Native Heritage Language Materials?
2. What to Preserve: A Practical Approach to Preservation
3. What is a Language Repository?
4. How to Build Infrastructure to Preserve Native Language Materials
5. Where to Locate Resources in Selected Native Repositories and How to
Find Selected Native Language Materials
6. Where to Locate Resources in Selected Educational, Federal and Other
7. What Does Preservation Cost?
André Cramblit: andre.p.cramblit.86 at alum.dartmouth.org is the
Operations Director Northern California Indian Development Council
NCIDC (http://www.ncidc.org) is a non-profit that meets the development
needs of American Indians
To subscribe to a news letter of interest to Natives send an email to:
IndigenousNewsNetwork-subscribe at topica.com or go to:
More information about the Endangered-languages-l