Films and TV documentaries

Julia Sallabank julia at TORTEVAL.CO.UK
Mon May 9 18:56:34 UTC 2005

There is one about Norman called 'Les Dernis' by Baraka Productions. I have
the address if you're interested.

A couple of years ago there was also an appeal for contacts for a proposed
film to be made by the Discovery Channel, but I don't know if anything came
of it.does anyone else know?

Best wishes

Julia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ole Stig Andersen" <osa at OLESTIG.DK>
To: <ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 2:51 AM
Subject: Films and TV documentaries

Dear list

I am looking for TV documentaries and films about Endangered Languages, or
where language endangerment or revitalization is part of the story told. I
am only aware of two such productions: "Vanishing Voices" on Chulym (Turkic)
by American PBS and "De lêste lûden fan in taal" ("The last sounds of a
language") by Frisian Television, also on Siberian lgs, I believe. But
surely there must be (many?) more?

Thank you for your help.

Ole Stig Andersen, Copenhagen
osa at olestig.dk