Films and TV documentaries

Tony Scott Warren donballeine at PSILINK.CO.JE
Wed May 11 09:39:06 UTC 2005

Bouonjour,

I don't know if this answers the original question, but in my previous
career in television, I produced and presented several series of
programmes in Jèrriais and Dgèrnésiais which were broadcast on Channel
Television. The company's license at the time demanded one hour per
annum (!) of programming in either of the local languages. I believe
that this requirement was dropped in about 2002, when Independent
Television in the United Kingdom was re-organised, allowing less time
for regional programming. The last three series I made also featured
mainland Norman, as they were recorded at the annual Fête Nouormande in
Montebourg (Normandy), Guernsey and Jersey respectively.
Two of the earliest series consisting of short 10 minute programmes were
re-packaged and made available to the public on video - La Coue
d'Lèzarde (The Lizard's Tail) in Jèrriais, and Caontaï des Luures
(Telling Stories) in Dgèrnésiais {Julia Sallabank can correct me if I
have mis-spelt the latter title.) Each video ran just under an hour in
total, and they are still occasionally available at bric-à-brac stalls,
jumbles, garage sales etc!

À bétôt,

Tony Scott Warren
Organîsateu d'l'Ensîngnage du Jèrriais

L'Office du Jèrriais
Collège Highlands
PO Box 1000
St. Saûveux
Jèrri / Jersey
JE4 9QA

Tél/Fax: +44 1534 608609

Ch't email et autchun dôssyi attachi sont confidentiels et sont
seulement pouor l'îndividu ou l'organisâtion à tchi qu'i' sont adrechi.
S'ous avez r'chu ch't email par mêprînse, faut faithe saver l'expediteu
tout d'siette et l'fliantchi hors d'vot' système; ch'nest pon permîns
d'faithe sèrvi l'înformâtion vos-même ni l'en faithe saver ès autres.

Ch't email pouorrait cont'nîn des points d'veue personnels tchi n'sont
pon les siennes du Don Balleine, sinon qu'ch'est êxprimé specifiquement.

sender immediately and delete it from your system; do not use or
disclose the information in any way.

the views of Le Don Balleine, unless specifically stated.