REMINDER: 2007 Pragmatics & Language Learning Conference - preregistration deadline February 15
National Foreign Language Resource Center
nflrc at HAWAII.EDU
Thu Jan 25 02:29:24 UTC 2007
Our apologies for any cross-postings . . .
17th International Conference on Pragmatics & Language Learning (PLL)
Imin International Conference Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
March 26-28, 2007
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE AVAILABLE ONLINE!
PRE-REGISTER NOW to enjoy special discount conference rates - DEADLINE
FEBRUARY 15, 2007!
The conference will address a broad range of topics in pragmatics,
discourse, interaction and sociolinguistics in their relation to second
and foreign language learning, education, and use, approached from a
variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives.
Conference highlights include . . .
* Language in action: Conversation analytic perspectives on grammar,
interaction, and language learning - Junko Mori (University of
* Reproduction and recursivity in high school ESL: A critical analysis
of classroom language-in-use - Steven Talmy (University of British
* Study abroad experiences from a language socialization perspective
(Convener: Haruko Cook, University of Hawaii)
* Negotiating the self in another language: Discourse approaches to
language learning as cross-cultural adaptation (Convener: Christina
Higgins, University of Hawaii)
* Using questionnaires in research on pragmatics - Kenneth Rose (City
University Hong Kong)
* Teaching and learning L2 pragmatics in computer-mediated environments
- Julie Belz (Monterey Institute of International Studies)
And over 120 paper and poster presentations! An optional reception at
the Waikiki Aquarium!
Register early to get special rates! The preregistration deadline is
February 15, 2007. For more information, visit
Mahalo for your interest,
Organizing Chair, PLL 2007
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 2116 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Endangered-languages-l