Endangered Alphabets

Brookes, Tim brookes at CHAMPLAIN.EDU
Wed Aug 10 20:34:44 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Ever since I began the Endangered Alphabets Project (http://www.endangeredalphabets.com) two years ago, it was my dream to take it on a World Tour-that is, to display the exhibition in every country it represents, to give prominence to the endangered scripts and raise discussion about the importance of cultural preservation.

As things stand, the countries I'd hope to visit would be Indonesia, Vietnam, China, Liberia, Iraq, Israel, Mongolia, Guinea, Cote d'Ivoire, the Philippines, Bangladesh and Morocco (plus others as the exhibition expands).

I am currently fundraising to try to make this tour happen (details at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496420787/the-endangered-alphabets-project/), but in the meantime I need to find potential hosts for the Alphabets exhibition.

If you know of a gallery, college, university, library or other institution in any of those countries-or indeed any country outside North America) that might want to host the Alphabets, please let me know by email.

Best wishes,

Tim Brookes

P.S. My apologies if you have already received this email through another listserv.