Indigenous Language TV Series: Finding Our Talk

Andre Cramblit andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Fri Jan 14 18:16:52 UTC 2011

Indigenous Language TV Series: Finding Our Talk

The third season of Finding Our Talk: A Journey into Indigenous
Languages is now available on DVD. The 13-part series celebrates the
success and challenges of language preservation and revitalization
around the world.

Directed by aboriginal directors and produced by Mushkeg Media Inc.,
this season takes an international perspective looking at endangered
languages in Australia, Hawaii, New Zealand, Norway, Guatemala,
Bolivia and North America.

The award winning series has been broadcast in Canada, New Zealand and
Australia. Some episodes represent the first professional recordings
of elders speaking rarely heard languages. Other episodes showcase the
role technology and innovation play in modern language revitalization
programs. Three seasons were filmed in Canada and seven other
countries. Thirty-nine, half hour episodes each look at endangered
languages from a modern aboriginal perspective. There is no other
series like it. "Finding Our Talk" is a valuable resource for language
speakers, learners and teachers.

Visit  www.mushkeg.ca to learn more, download an informational PDF,
and view excerpts from all three seasons of the series. You can also
view excerpts at our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MushkegMedia

Contact:
Courtney Montour
Mushkeg Media