ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L Digest - 28 Aug 2012 to 29 Aug 2012 (#2012-43)

Katherine E. Hoffman khoffman at NORTHWESTERN.EDU
Thu Aug 30 08:59:26 UTC 2012

Dear Lindsay,
Thank you for this recap of responses to an interesting and important question.  Perhaps I am the only one wondering this, but which language is it?

Good luck,
Katherine Hoffman

On 30 Aug 2012, at 6:00 AM, ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L automatic digest system wrote:

> There is 1 message totaling 25 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>  1. How many hours - recap

> Date:    Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:11:07 -0700
> From:    Lindsay Marean <lmarean at BENSAY.ORG>
> Subject: Re: How many hours - recap
>
> Thank you everyone for your response to my question about "enough" hours
> of recorded speech for language documentation and about different things
> to record.  Responses ranged from specific hourly minima and discourse
> types to technical recommendations about video and multiple microphones
> to insights based on personal experience in endangered language
> communities.  Thank you all for your diverse perspectives.
>
> In all I've received 19 responses in the last three days.  I've pasted
> them all into a Google document, which you should be able to read here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TDYfMjioe2-yXXHxN_RqULmYjt3EDvMOJZoAJLNyxYY/edit
>
> If you have trouble with this link, or if you'd like your post to be
> removed from the document or revised, please e-mail me off-list.
>
> Lindsay

> End of ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L Digest - 28 Aug 2012 to 29 Aug 2012 (#2012-43)

Katherine E. Hoffman
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Northwestern University
1810 Hinman Ave.