System of indicators

David Bradley D.Bradley at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 12 21:29:22 UTC 2013

Hi

There is also the standard UNESCO list, based on a classification first presented by Michael Krauss at a conference in Germany in 2002 and eventually published in 2007.
This was also formally adopted at a UNESCO conference in 2003 and implemented in the UNESCO Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger 3rd edition, available on the UNESCO website.

david

Prof David Bradley FASSA FAHA
Linguistics
La Trobe University VIC 3086
Australia
From: Endangered Languages List [ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at listserv.linguistlist.org] on behalf of Sociolinguistics Cluster [kluster at SOZIOLINGUISTIKA.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:22 PM
To: ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: System of indicators

At Sociolinguistic Cluster (http://www.soziolinguistika.org/) we are working on a system of indicators that will enable a description of the social situation of the Basque language. In the initial phase of the project we have defined four general indicators: language competence, possibility of use, language use and subjective aspects (motivation, opinion or behavior, for example). These four indicators will be analyzed in areas such as family, education, administration, socio-economics, free time or means of communication. We would greatly appreciate any references regarding similar projects which could acquaint us with systems of linguistic indicators that are being used at an international level. Thank you for your consideration. Best regards.