System of indicators

Irena Kolbas ikolbas at EMZ.HR
Thu Nov 14 08:36:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

This Krauss's list is broadly used, I used it in my work too. This is very
clear and useful classification of endangered languages. Any suggestions are
welcome, but not to blur the subject or complicate the topic.

Irena Kolbas
Ethnographic Museum Zagreb
Croatia

-----Original Message-----
From: Endangered Languages List
[mailto:ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at listserv.linguistlist.org] On Behalf Of David
Bradley
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:29 PM
To: ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: System of indicators

Hi

There is also the standard UNESCO list, based on a classification first
presented by Michael Krauss at a conference in Germany in 2002 and
eventually published in 2007.
This was also formally adopted at a UNESCO conference in 2003 and
implemented in the UNESCO Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger 3rd
edition, available on the UNESCO website.

david

Prof David Bradley FASSA FAHA
Linguistics
La Trobe University VIC 3086