Sound Systems of Mexico and Central America: conference announcement

Ryan Bennett ryan.bennett at YALE.EDU
Thu Sep 5 13:57:09 UTC 2013

I'm writing to share a conference announcement that I thought might be of
interest to people on this list. The conference information is pasted
below.

If you're interested in presenting, we're currently accepting abstracts.
Apologies for the spam, and thanks.

-Ryan

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We are pleased to announce the Workshop on the Sound Systems of Mexico and
Central America, to be held April 4-6 2014 at Yale University. This
conference will feature a range of research on the phonetics and phonology
of the indigenous languages of Mexico and Central America.

We anticipate presentations on a diverse set of languages, including the
Mayan, Uto-Aztecan, Oto-Manguean, and Mixe-Zoque families, among others.

Invited talks will be given by Francisco Arellanes, Heriberto Avelino,
Gabriela Caballero, Mario Chávez-Peón, Christian DiCanio, Esther Herrera
Zendejas, John Kingston, Rolf Noyer, Ryan Shosted, and Tony Woodbury.

The call for papers is here:

http://linguistlist.org/issues/24/24-3305.html

Abstracts can be submitted here (deadline *November 4 2013*):

http://linguistlist.org/confservices/customhome.cfm?emeetingid=6602JA4458BE444E40A050441

The conference website is here:

http://pantheon.yale.edu/~rtb27/ssmca.html

--