Feminist research in endangered minority languages

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Sat Aug 30 03:01:41 UTC 2014

Julia's  "researcher paradox" has been well explored by anthropologists, of
course, with one of the earliest, but now a bit dated, accounts being:

Peggy Golde 1986. *Women in the Field*. University of California Press.

Lots more references can be found on the web.

The American Anthropological Association also has a section called
"Association for Feminist Anthropology" (http://www.aaanet.org/sections/afa/)
but I am not sure if they deal with the kinds of issues about language and
revitalisation that Dave raised in his original post to this thread.

Best,
Peter

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa