[Endangered-languages-l] Work with me! Vacancies in the English group at SHU

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Wed Dec 3 15:40:46 UTC 2014

Great news! Not only is there an opportunity to work at the fabulous Sheffield Hallam
University (rated best modern university in the North of England), but it's in the
same subject group as me! Who could resist? And not just one but two posts! (You
can't have both though...)

http://www.shu.ac.uk/jobs/vacancies/academic/ds55314.html

Note: the blurb on that page mentions general areas of expertise, but the Further
Details PDF (linked on that page) specifically mention language policy among the
preferred areas of expertise (page 6).

Interviews will be held in January (date TBC), and I'm told the start date would be
sympathetically negotiated around your current commitments.

And although I'm bubbling with excitement about this, I'll have to direct you to
Peter Jones with any queries (as per the ad). You can still let me know if you're
applying though; nothing wrong with adding to my excitement!

Best of luck, and I look forward to working with you!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University, UK