[Endangered-languages-l] REMINDER: 4th International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation (ICLDC 4) early registration deadline - January 15, 2015

National Foreign Language Resource Center nflrc at hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 9 04:24:47 UTC 2015

Aloha!

REMINDER: The deadline for ICLDC 4 Early Registration is January 15, 2015.
Don't forget to register by then to enjoy the discounted rates. Regular
conference rates apply after that date.

The *4th International Conference on Language Documentation and
Conservation (ICLDC)*, “Enriching Theory, Practice, & Application,” will be
held *February 26-March 1, 2015*, at the *Ala Moana Hotel* in *Honolulu,
Hawai‘i*. The conference is organized and hosted by the Department of
Linguistics and the National Foreign Language Resource Center at the
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa and is supported in part by the US National
Science Foundation.

The program for this 3 ½ day conference will feature two keynote talks, an
integrated series of Master Classes on the documentation of linguistic
structures, and a series of Sponsored Special Sessions on pedagogy in
language conservation. An optional Hilo Field Study (on the Big Island of
Hawai‘i) to visit Hawaiian language revitalization programs in action will
immediately follow the conference.

The theme of the 4th ICLDC, “Enriching Theory, Practice, and Application,”
highlights the need to strengthen the links between language documentation
(practice), deep understanding of grammatical structure (theory), and
methods for teaching endangered languages (application). At this
conference, we intend to focus on language documentation as the
investigation of grammar and linguistic structure on the one hand, and the
development of that investigation into sound pedagogy for endangered
languages on the other. We hope you will join us.

*For more details visit our conference website:
http://icldc4.icldc-hawaii.org <http://icldc4.icldc-hawaii.org>*

*National Foreign Language Resource Center*
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
1859 East-West Road #106
Honolulu, HI  96822-2322
Phone: 808-956-9424