Are Eprime Questions/Problems Appropriate Here?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Jun 14 21:07:17 UTC 2000

Dear Mike and E-Prime,
  Yes, user questions are appropriate.  In some cases, they may get answered
immediately by other readers.  I might even take a try, although I am far
from an E-Prime guru.  The E-Prime support staff is also monitoring the list
and they may then eventually reply too.  A lot depends on the nature of the
question.  It helps a lot to keep your question extremely clear and as
limited as possible.
  By the way, users may wish to note that I have changed the reply function
so that replies go to the poster and not the list.  This can eliminate
occasional embarassments when people thought they were replying to the sender
and then suddenly others read their mail.

--Brian MacWhinney