PST Serial Response Box

Anthony Zuccolotto Tony.Zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Thu Mar 23 20:41:52 UTC 2000

Hi Ted,

I would recommend using the PST Serial Response Box and just wiring your
switches to the expansion port of the box.  There are instructions in the
SRBOX manual outlining how to do this.

If the idea is to not use a PST SRBOX then you are likely to have more
success going through something like the parallel port and then using the
ReadPort command in E-Basic to poll the port for changes in the bits.  When
you see a change call the Clock.Read command to get the current time.
Assuming you take this approach you will also have to remember to call
c.SetAttrib as needed to get your dependent measures into the context so it
gets logged in your data file, e.g. if you do your own data collection you
also have to do your own scoring, feedback, and logging.  If you just expand
out the PST SRBOX then all the logging and scoring is done for you in
E-Prime.

Hope that helps,
Anthony Zuccolotto
Sr. Software Engineer
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Disclaimer: All views expressed are my own and do not necessary reflect the
views or policies of Psychology Software Tools, Inc.