Adaptation of an n-back task

Beta beta at pstnet.com
Thu Feb 22 15:52:24 UTC 2001

Dear Gaynor:

The n-Back task can be accomplished in one experiment by using E-Basic
script.  It is not necessary to create separate experiments for each
subject.

In the current beta, the n-Back is done by creating a Queue data
structure to store and retrieve exemplars.  The Queue can either be
created as an array or as a user-defined type.  The Queue structure that
will work best for you will likely be dependent on the selection
constraints you have set for your specific n-Back paradigm.

If you would like to contact E-Prime technical support via e-mail at
beta at pstnet.com,  we would be happy to offer you a sample experiment to
illustrate how the Queue structure is created and used via E-Basic
script.  At that time, a brief explanation of the constraints of your
experiment would help us point you in the right direction.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Sara Burgess
Technical Consultant