port communications

tony.waites.us at vll.se tony.waites.us at vll.se
Tue Jan 30 07:51:08 UTC 2001

Hi all!

I am in the position of wanting to trigger the start of an experiment in e-prime
using a TTL pulse coming from an MRI camera, and then to log the timing of
subsequent pulses. I have seen in the manual a _very_ brief description of what
to do, which didn't really help me much. I also tried to use the serial device
object, which in beta 5 appears not to be available.

Can anyone (either a user or someone at pst) help to either

a) generate my own in-line script, or
b) get access to the serial device.

Is there anyone who uses a TTL pulse to trigger their experiments or in any way
register such pulses within their experiment, who would be willing to give me a
little guidance?

Thanks in advance...

Tony Waites
university hospital